Sunday 12 June 2016

I'm not feeling creative so here's a list of lyrical snippets I think sound deep af.

You can keep the nose ring, I don't have to soul search
I'm still at my old church, only ever sold merchGrandma say I'm Kosher, momma say I'm culture
(Chance The Rapper, Angels)

Take a pen and write this down
Draw something that can't be found
And learn to walk again somehow
You know you might surprise yourself

(Jack Garratt, Surprise yourself)

And we hate Popo, wanna kill us dead in the street for sure, nigga
I'm at the preacher's door
My knees gettin' weak and my gun might blow but we gon' be alright

(Kendrick Lamar, Alright)

Along with the people inside
What a wonderful caricature of intimacy

(Panic! at the Disco, Build God, Then We'll Talk)

I am the dragon breathing fire
Beautiful mane I'm the lion
Beautiful man I know you're lying
I am not broken, I'm not crying, I'm not crying

(Beyonce, Don't Hurt Yourself

And I'm ready to suffer and I'm ready to hope
It's a shot in the dark aimed right at my throat
'Cause looking for heaven, found the devil in me
Looking for heaven, found the devil in me

(Florence + the Machine, Shake it Out)


No comments:

Post a Comment