Monday 4 April 2016

Why dropping mathematics does not make me a failure.

I guess it's an Asian thing. To feel like you need to excel in science, or at least be a lawyer if you can't. But you always had to be good at math. Lol of course my math sucked, the universe would never be that kind to me.

Math was like that really really annoying hang nail on a week long camping trip and you didn't have a nail clipper, and it didn't bother you when you has shoes on cause socks and shoes basically helped you avoid the fact that there is an annoying little piece of shit stuck on your body, but one cannot have healthy or tan feet without the removal of said shoes, and so when exposed, very irritating. And as time progressed, you clearly did not leave it alone and it got more annoyingly painful and irritating, till you feel like you really should find a sharp rock or something to fix that shit. But you don't and you just kinda wash it so it wouldn't cause an infection, until you realised that your friend had a pair of nail clippers in his bag.

That long winded analogy was unnecessary, much like trigonometry and algebra [full circle]. I think I should explain it then you guys are lucky I am a literature student. The hang nail as you may have deduced is math, the nail clipper is the form for me to drop it. The friend were my friends and teachers that gave awesome advice. The shoes was me in asian denial and the exposure, was maths tests, the worsening progress was the worsening progress. So yeah, I explained myself again.

Dropping math is like me saying fuck stereotypes thank god I'm a liberal. NOT ALL ASIANS ARE GOOD AT MATH.

I don't hate math, math just can't handle me.

With love,
Ez


No comments:

Post a Comment