Sunday 15 May 2016

( )

(I think I remembered you that day,
It was a stunning day, I dare say,
The clouds were soft and the trees were lush,
The air filled and saturated by this content and overwhelming hush.
It was as if the world knew,
And the earth, who saw and agreed, said, "I should fall in love with you.")

Wait, actually it was...

(I think I remembered it as a cool Autumn afternoon,
It was a nice early evening, I remembered that the moon would have been out soon,
The leaves a kaleidoscope of earthy tones, the grass a soft yellow,
The breeze carried with it this sense of ease and the air was mellow.
It was as if the dying day,
And the dying seasons, who saw and agreed, said, "Go on and kiss him before he gets away.")

Wait no, no I think it was...

(Now I think it was a cloudy, winter day,
It was wet and cold and I think I wouldn't have had it any other way.
The sky a monotone of grey, the trees black and bare,
The atmosphere filled with dread and despair,
But it was alright, cozy by the fire,
And the stoned hearted ice, even said, "If you say you don't like him, you'll be a liar.")

Wait no I think it didn't actually happen.
Never mind.




No comments:

Post a Comment