Tuesday 17 May 2016

Oubliettes of you and I

My prince,
How far below the wretched ground,
Does your oubliettes lie?
Are they hidden away to hide some scandal,
Far too demeaning and far too crude for the ears of mine?
Or nay, they are too beautiful and glimmering for my mortal view?
Are they placed beyond the borders of your heart,
Or deep within folds of the many layers of your soul?
Must I seek these hidden chambers that shadow the secrets you hold so dear?
Or shall it remain a mystery that shall last forever?

Beloved,
Do you seek to find mine own oubliettes?
The ones, even I fear to unlock?
The ones I have buried in hopes of forgetting them?
The ones that hide more dark that I imagine the world has light,
Ones placed in plain urban sight, avoided to save simple grace,
Left to rot, in hopes their contents do thus similar.
I worry you shall find them, my king,
And although you have rule over all my heart,
When you fall into the caves I have considered dungeons,
Will you emerge without a taint of my sins?
Or will the blackest blood flow, both over and under your fairer skins?

No comments:

Post a Comment