Monday 16 May 2016

Erotic

Lord Eros, Sweet Eros, Most anything Eros,
I beseech thee. 
Grant me a lover,
That takes not interest in figs,
But one of noses.
Let not him heat my blood,
Nor heat his own liver,
Will him to have been raised not by savages,
But by the daintily hands.
Dear Lord, allow me this absolute contentment.

Good Aphrodite, Most absolute Aphrodite, 
Dear Goddess, 
Though many would make themselves whores,
To lay upon I a fortune fit for the wrenches,
Keep decorum and hear,
This prayer.
Give me a man, 
And let us in privy sheets die,
But keep him loyal,
And even he may hence fleet,
Here shall remain him.
Holy Goddess, I request prithee.

Grant me the grace with Lovely Fortune,
And turn her wheel,
In favour of thy loyal homager.
And thee shall allow thy,
Mere mortal, a drink of mandragora,
That I might sleep out this,
Great gap of time,
In awaiting my Antony.
This I beseech,
Amen.      

   

No comments:

Post a Comment