Sunday 8 May 2016

Normality and the progress of guilt.

Throughout my life, people have created and deposited guilt onto me. 
Like some sort of terrible pearl, and from and uglier clam, the flaws I cannot control,
String together in a guilty necklace or a flawed pearl noose around my neck.  

But I have come to realised that they do not have the power to succumb my mortality,
and that individually, the spheres of reflective flaws cannot inflict damage,
I just carry on, with the string slack and drooped.

But to realise that I can control the length and the distance of this noose of pearls, 
There is also a suden realisation that I cannot control the pearls that are formed across,
The necks of others, even if these guilty, glossy circles where mine to begin with,
And that they by default have obtained, and by default they have to bear,
Because of my flaws, and because they embrace them.

it is unfair that the burden is split, and that I have chosen to give,
And their willingness to take, and the share.

Because,
It is one thing to give grief to someone.
It is something else to be the grief for someone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment